This digital edition will be delivered to you in both .epub and .mobi format for compatibility across e-readers for Android, Apple and Amazon Kindle devices.
Keep vital information at your fingertips with the new 2020 eBook edition of the #1 best-selling authoritative CDI Pocket Guide.
The CDI Pocket Guide by authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang, now in its 13th edition, is the original and STILL the best resource for coding and clinical documentation integrity.
Dr. Pinson practiced for over 25 years in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine which paved the way to his interest and passion for coding and clinical documentation integrity. For the last 25 years, Cynthia has implemented successful coding and CDI programs in hundreds of hospitals across the country, which led to creating this guide with Dr. Pinson in 2008.
For over a decade, the CDI Pocket Guide has been the essential, go-to resource for anyone involved in coding and CDI – don’t be without it!
Bonus: With every purchase of the original CDI Pocket Guide, you’ll have access to free live interactive webinars where we present the most challenging diagnostic conditions and the latest industry changes.
Important updates for 2020 include:
- UPDATES to clinical diagnostic standards and key refinements to topics such as Atrial Fibrillation, Acute Kidney Injury, BMI, Excisional Debridement, Encephalopathy, Pancytopenia, Heart Failure, Pneumothorax, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pneumonia (CAP), Healthcare Associated Pneumonia (HCAP), Antibiotic Resistance, Asthma, COPD, and Bronchitis
- Revamp of Respiratory Failure to further define acute versus chronic respiratory failure and simplify this challenging topic
- Crucial updates to Malnutrition and the new GLIM criteria
- Helpful updates for understanding CMS-HCCs, HHS-HCCs, and Risk Adjustment, Pay for Performance and creating a compliant physician query
- FY2020 CMS MCC-CC/DRG updates and latest Coding Clinic advice incorporated
- New and updated medical resource references
- Back by popular demand – DRG Tips section!
And much more…